The Level 1 Support and Services Technician
The Level 1 Support and Services Technician is responsible for providing first-level technical information systems support. This position will include ongoing remote support and monitoring for our Managed Service customers along with remote support,. Must be dependable and eager to learn new technology.
Technical Skills should include:
WAN, Firewalls, Web and IIS, VPN, DHCP, WINS, DNS. TCP/IP and Microsoft Windows OS with Active Directory.
Technical knowledge / Experience base should contain most or all of the following:
- Setup of VPN, Antivirus Solutions, Email/Web Solutions
- Knowledge of POP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP
- Business class hardware (Lenovo, Dell, HP)
- Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) and Professional Services Automation (PSA). (ex. Nable and Autotask) Not required but a PLUS
- Office 365 architectures.
- Must have excellent research and troubleshooting skills and be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Provide telephone and remote support to our customers.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Respond to systems and network related alerts and escalations
- Work with internal and external technical staff and vendors
- Work closely with Owner/CEO, vendors, other technical and management staff and senior management and employees of small business clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Phone Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent customer service and customer management skills
- Applicant must maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors, and staff
- Straight forward and Honest
- On Time
- Willingness to Learn and take it upon themselves to do additional training
- Ability to listen to instructions and follow thru.
- Good pay
- Educational training and company paid testing fees (as required)
- 401k Plan
- Sick Days
Other characteristics required:
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Positive, can do attitude
- Willing to come in early and stay late when necessary
- Has a sense of urgency and great time-management skills
- Will work hard to find solutions, not create excuses
- Driven, motivated to continue learning and growing
This job requires lifting of up to 40 lbs. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
Please Submit Resumes to email@example.com and fill out an application by clicking the apply online button below.